My best friend’s daughter got married earlier this year making this an ideal opportunity for me to use that new ruler and pattern for the Over Under Table Topper I purchased from Annie’s webpage. Indications from her mom were that white and blue were two of her colors and blue is my favorite. The finished size of the round table cover is 26 inches. It took one evening to put the shapes together. Quilting the shapes was easy. The bride was extremely pleased with the design and the colors.
The first baby quilt I did was for our nephew’s new born that arrived around last Christmas. I had just finished my initial quilting class and was eager to try my hand at designing. Besides, it was a good excuse to go to the fabric store.
I found some lovely baby flannel for the backing and cotton with whales to match. It turned out pretty nice.
I found great joy in making this quilt for our great grandson who is expected in September. This is one of the times the local library is so valuable. I can check out books and spend hours reading with a cup of tea. Granddaughter indicated that the colors for the baby’s room, etc. would be blue and green. It took some time to find the blues I wanted. I finally settled on the little whales and white for the pinwheels.
Finished size is 46 X 40 inches with blue flannel for backing. I have also made a burping cloth to include with the quilt.
I put this caddy together for a colleague who was retiring from Northern Virginia Community College. William is a wine connoisseur, so getting a gift for him is very easy. Found this easy pattern on the web and was up for the chance to do something different. The fabric is something I purchased some time ago for an ethnic costume. A bottle of wine fits very nicely inside and you are ready. A layer of insulation can be added to keep the wine cool. I did not have a lot of time so I worked with supplies on my shelf. Nonetheless, William was very pleased with the caddy and the wine.
This table runner is very easy to make. I used fabric I had on hand knowing that the person I was making it for had gold and browns in her dining room. Daughter-in-law was truly surprised to receive it and it does go nicely in her space. Purchased the pattern online from Annies. Finished size – 15 X 47 inches. This can be done in a day.
I made this quilt to support the Washington Bailey Scholarship fund. The family meets every two years at various places in the United States. This year we met in Detroit, Michigan on the last weekend in July as is custom. It took about two weeks to complete because there is a significant amount of quilting. The squares are from a charm pack I purchase a few months from Missouri Star Quilt Company. To make it big enough I sashed each square using the white; added four borders for variety. Each square is quilted with a four petal design, the sashing is stitched separately and then the rust, brown and gold boarders are stippled. The large white border is done with connecting Butterflies. Finished size is 65 X 72 inches.
Considering this was the first time doing a quilt raffle at the reunion, we were able to raise just over $325.00.
This quilt was made for a friend in Texas expecting her first little girl. Working with the fabric on hand I chose to use the pink with grey inner boarder and used black and white flowers for the backing; binding is in black. Scallop edges were a bit of a challenge but it turned out very nice. It turns out her colors are pink and grey. I included a crib sheet made from coordinating colors and burping pad from patterns I found on the web.
Saw the use of lace and rick rack in a book and used it to make the quilt for the daughter-in-law of one of my friends. Various pieces of white are always on hand and the pinks were from other quilts. It took about two evenings to complete. I must say this gift was different from all the others at the shower.
The Chevorlet quilt was made for my son who is a car enthusiast. Photos of his favorite cars to include the one he is restoring and his dog, Jessy (she died earlier this year). The spark plug fabric was purchased from Missouri Quilt web site. Barrett and I shopped for the flannel license plates design for the backing. Finished size 76 X 87.