Tote for Hubby

This project was just finished two days ago just in time for an upcoming trip.  Hubby made the comment that he was in need of a tote bag and it would be so nice if I made one for him.  After all, I am always making things for others.  So here it is.  After much research I found a McCall’s pattern that had just enough pockets and big enough for snacks, phone, newspaper, etc.




This quilt is made earlier this year from scraps to use of some of the pieces in my basket. Did not even out the long edge but rather left the points out and adjusted the binding to reflect the points. Finished size 37 X 42″. Backing done in place stitched with black bobbin and white top so it shows through on the back.  This did not make a dent in the pile of scraps.


Painting With Fabric

I took two quilting classes at the beginning of this fall.  This one was completely different from previous classes.  I learned how to create a piece  using fabric to “paint”.    Selecting flowers and trying to fill all the spaces so that it resembles a photograph was challenging.

New technic learned using fusing fabric pieces to the background. The finish size 23 X 27.5. Final piece was stitched with clear thread to insure all the little pieces would remain in place. Sleeve for hanging was added to back and the backing was done in the pillowcase fashion.


Wall Hanging Panel

This fall harvest panel is so colorful.  I did a lot of thread painting to enhance the piece.  Finished size is 29 X 48″; it took approximately 20 hours to complete.  It is always good to have finished projects on hand that you can use as gifts.  This one went home with friends from Florida.  They were kind enough to bring 15 boxes of quilting and sewing materials from an estate sale to me so I felt they deserved it.