I took the class for the quilt in June. It is part of the list of quilts I promised to finished before September. I did it – all pieces completed August 31st. This quilt is made using jelly rolls. I added additional boarders and did some extensive stitching in the boarders. Completed size 67 X 66.
A dear friend has a new job and will be leaving the Hampton Roads area so I put this table cover together for her to take along with her. The pattern is from one of those little pieces that you find a the check out register in the quilt store. I added the additional outside border to bring the Red, White and Black colors together. Finished size 29 X 29; took about 8 hours to complete. Number four on the list of projects to complete.
It is always good to have an extra quilt around that can fill the need when asked. When the call came to ask if I was making a quilt for this year’s Wash Bailey Family Reunion I was ready. The lasagna quilt was done except the quilting; therefore, this is number three on the list of projects to be completed. Finished size 77 X 58; made from one large or two small jelly rolls or 2.5 inch strips if you are using scraps or cutting your own roll. I made the strips from fabric on hand. It took about two long evenings to put the top together and another two evening to do the quilting.
Scrap Buster – the two smaller pieces were made this week to be added to the collection of prizes. Made from materials on hand. Purple one is 24 X 28 and Green and Gold is 26 X 27.
A family friend is having major surgery next week and his wife requested that I make a comfort quilt for him. This should bring warmth during the healing process. The Rail Fence pattern went together quickly. The backing is blue flannel; finished size 65 X 58; took about 18 hours to complete. Number two on the list of projects to be completed.
This quilt was requested. Now that it is complete it will be going home to Florida. With Black, White and Red being the major criteria for the quilt, I used the star patterns taught in Kimberly Einmo on Craftsy. I added free-motion design around the center along with star patterns stitched between the blocks with red thread. I tried using sulky thread but there were problems with that brand breaking. Finished size is 75 X 76. Number one to be completed on the project list.