This project was just finished two days ago just in time for an upcoming trip. Hubby made the comment that he was in need of a tote bag and it would be so nice if I made one for him. After all, I am always making things for others. So here it is. After much research I found a McCall’s pattern that had just enough pockets and big enough for snacks, phone, newspaper, etc.
I took two quilting classes at the beginning of this fall. This one was completely different from previous classes. I learned how to create a piece using fabric to “paint”. Selecting flowers and trying to fill all the spaces so that it resembles a photograph was challenging.
New technic learned using fusing fabric pieces to the background. The finish size 23 X 27.5. Final piece was stitched with clear thread to insure all the little pieces would remain in place. Sleeve for hanging was added to back and the backing was done in the pillowcase fashion.
This panel made a lovely wall hanging. The corner squares are made using paper piecing to form the distinct lines. Borders and free-motion stitching enhances the flowers and birds.
I put this caddy together for a colleague who was retiring from Northern Virginia Community College. William is a wine connoisseur, so getting a gift for him is very easy. Found this easy pattern on the web and was up for the chance to do something different. The fabric is something I purchased some time ago for an ethnic costume. A bottle of wine fits very nicely inside and you are ready. A layer of insulation can be added to keep the wine cool. I did not have a lot of time so I worked with supplies on my shelf. Nonetheless, William was very pleased with the caddy and the wine.